Tomato, Egg & Cucumber Salad


"Let the salad-maker be a spendthrift for oil, a miser for vinegar, a statesman for salt, and a madman for tossing."
- Spanish Proverb

There’s nothing like a fresh salad to make any meal perfect. But when choosing what kind of salad to make, it’s always best to make one that complements the rest of the dishes on your lunch or dinner table.

Most often it is the last-minute job on my list and I just toss in whatever I have on hand. So far, I have been successful in my choices… but there are times that I do make an effort! During these instances I try to make it interesting by adding ingredients that are not regularly used like pomegranate seeds, olives, walnuts, apples, avocados, etc.


This is a very easy to make and simple salad recipe. It goes perfectly with any meal, especially rice and curry. You can of course add any other ingredients like onions, lettuce, apples, pineapple, etc.


Chop all the tomatoes and cucumbers into bite-sized pieces and put them into a bowl. I always remove the seedy bit of the cucumbers in the centre, as I do not like it, and I feel the cucumbers are more crunchier without it. You can keep it if you like.

Add in about 3 or 4 tablespoons of yogurt. You can add more or less, depending on your taste. 

Now season with salt and pepper. Mix gently, so as not to bruise the tomatoes too much.

Place it on a serving tray, heaped in the middle. Then arrange the halved eggs around it. Sprinkle the eggs with some salt and pepper.

Freshly ground pepper is the best, but you can use the readymade one as well.

Remember, it is best to make the salad just before serving. Otherwise the yogurt tends to dissolve and make the salad watery. But keep all the ingredients ready beforehand to save time! 

This salad even tastes awesome on its own. It's also good in a fajita roll or with some grilled chicken or beef. 

Hope you enjoy it! 


Comments