Mixed Moong Bean Sprout Salad


I've always looked at the packets of bean sprouts in the supermarket and wondered who in their right minds would want to eat it. Well, that was until I started experimenting with salads and yes... eating them too ;) 

Not knowing what to do with it, I still decided to pick up a bag of mixed moong bean sprouts. While reading up on the subject, I discovered some lovely recipes. So, I decided to give it a try and create something new. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that moong dhal sprouts are quite delicious. 

Some people opt to boil it before using, but I preferred to keep it raw in my salad. It's up to you guys, of course! Hope you enjoy my version.




Gather all your ingredients together.


First season the salad leaves with salt and pepper. 
Mix and place in the bottom of the serving container.



In a separate bowl, combine the mixed bean sprouts, corn & pomegranate seeds. 
Season with salt and pepper. Mix well.


Place the mixed bean sprout mixture over the salad leaves.

 

Garnish with the dry roasted channa dhal and lemon wedges.


You can also mix in the channa dhal into the salad. 
Squeeze the lemons over it just before serving.


Enjoy it with some delicious grilled fish, steak or even chicken. It also goes well in a fajita roll with some sour cream or yogurt.































Comments